Popular Leaks

Friday, June 17, 2011

Celtx Is A Scam?

Hello my fellow screenwriters, or just viewers.  Back in 2007, I downloaded and used Celtx free software to write a script.  I noticed that if you wanted to format your SCRIPT, you had to be connected to the INTERNET. At first, I paid no mind to it.  But then, when I started to see my material (in some shape or form) on current (2009-2011) TV shows and movies, I had to pace my self.

Please do not take this lightly if you are a writer, because the movie industry isn't as creative as they are made out to be. In fact, they're thirsty for intuitiveness, creativity, and innovative ideas because they lack it.  Anything that is labeled "FREE", isn't really free if you think about it.  Just learn how to use tabs in your regular document program.


Another scam producers and production companies use to steal your creativeness is registering your script in WGA or WGAW.  They will come up with a million reasons why you should register with them instead of the copyright office. but lets makes this clear.  If they do still your ideas without paying you, you have nothing to use against them in court.

The best thing to do is copyright your script and pitch it.  And don't use celtx, they are secretly stealing from us.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I have no idea what I'm doing, but now, at the least I know not to use Celtx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. I often had my suspicions, but was assured of them with the release of "ARGO". Although it wasn't the "ARGO" story, I began working on a script in 2008 about a national historical event which happened in the late 70's. I used Celtx. I SHOULD NOT HAVE! I cannot prove someone stole my concept or idea about making a movie about an actual dramatic story from that time period, but I find it highly suspicious that a few years later "ARGO" was produced and released. The media & entertainment industries are filled with deceitful schemers and the unwitting dupes they steal from, and I truly believe Celtx is involved or used by "industry people" to pilfer other writer's works and ideas. The "industry" just alters them enough so us dupes can't prove anything, and if we try, we sound & look like conspiracy fanatics. If your going to write, learn the screenplay formatting rules, and use your word processor. Or purchase a screenwriting program in the form of a cd and download it into your pc. The number 1 rule is, copyright & protect everything, and trust no one!

      Delete

Anyone is eligible for commenting!