Popular Leaks

Saturday, June 18, 2011

CHIMERA NOVEL!

I wanted to get this off of my chest.  I'm sick of finding books that try to be all cool and shit, when they're not.  Now I'm not saying "Chimera" by Rob Thurman is not entertaining, but is is clearly inaccurate and Juvenal. Not to mention, degrading to the Genre. First of all, I found a big-ass error just off the title, "Chimera".  It supposedly refers to the brainwashed brother, who is trained as an assassin.  It would make a lot more sense if it were a woman, because the chimera is a mutated "FEMALE" creature, not male.  So, off the bat, I hated that it was poorly titled.

Secondly, the Russian mob doesn't have jurisdiction in the U.S. for a school that breads "Chimera" assassins covertly and disguised as a special program,  nor do they have ties with genetic engineers in the U.S.. In my opinion, Rob is beating around the bush.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone is eligible for commenting!